29 March 2024, 05:55:35 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Hello People & Automated Processes  (Read 4480 times)
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« on: 16 April 2011, 01:40:05 »
ReplyReply

Hi Folks -

I'm a new arrival - I've been reading stuff on this site for a month or so, but this is my first post.

The Estimable Stoffel introduced me to WAT - we are currently playtesting a large CMBB Op of his.

I've designed a few CM scenarios myself - you can find them at TSD.

I'm interested in most things - History, Current Affairs, Science, Real-Life Economics, Books and Movies, Weightlifting, Endurance Sports, and even Games.

I've been playing Combat Mission since CMBO, and I play other games as well - I'm really interested at the moment in a couple of big titles: 'War Plan Orange' and 'Revolution Under Siege' - if anyone has experience with them, please make a comment - they LOOK good - but it's all in the playing, isn't it?

I'm very excited about the upcoming 'Panzer Command Ostfront' - because for me the Eastern Front is where it's at Smiley

I am also a member of the 'We Band of Brothers' club - I understand that at present there is no overt state of war between them and WAT - I hope this peace can be maintained Smiley

Looking forward to participating here.

I live in Sydney, Australia, and have a Wife & 3 Cats.

Cheers.

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2011, 03:20:20 »
ReplyReply

Cool, mate, great introduction! Looks like you will have fun here…..

Any chance you could link to those mentioned scenarios of yours?

I am also a member of the 'We Band of Brothers' club - I understand that at present there is no overt state of war between them and WAT - I hope this peace can be maintained Smiley

Definitely, and indefinitely so: Anybody starting a war on this forum with another one will be "out" faster than he can pronounce it: adminpower

We have it in our rules (excerpt below just as a reminder: We dont kill perpetuators instantly, first we advise and try to correct their behaviour, we all active posters - including admins - have slipped sometimes for a sec, thats human...):

- We will NOT discuss how other forums work or how people behave on other boards... (though there is nothing wrong with citing other forums as sources). You have a problem with the works in another forum?: Discuss it there, not here.

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2011, 03:39:51 »
ReplyReply

Sure thing:

Here are TSD links to three little CM scenarios I did for play against the AI.

I designed these for the WeBoB Monthly Challenge, in which people play the AI and then compare their scores.

As anyone knows, the real Challenge is trying to make the AI a challenge to play against Smiley

WeBoB members had fun with these, perhaps some WAT-ers will too:

http://the-scenario-depot.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=1131

http://the-scenario-depot.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=1130

http://the-scenario-depot.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=1120

I am currently working on a few more little Battles, as well as some big Operations - available 'When They're Done' Smiley

As far as War between Clubs goes, I have read the Rules Smiley

I was just joking about the fact that this Club is dedicated to studying War in all it's forms, and the fact that anytime you get People in Groups, Conflict is not far behind....

Add the Internet to that equation, and sooner or later......

And that's why you guys have a Rule against it, no? Smiley

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
Mad_Russian
Captain

United States

Co-founder of WaT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2011, 07:51:22 »
ReplyReply

Glad to see you joining the site Cranky.

In fact, there has been a bit of a war from WeBoB and WaT as many of the WeBoB members were a part of our Masters Tournament. I think that WeBoB even won the tournament IIRC...

That's the kind of warring between sites we like to see.

I think you'll find PCO to your liking. The series has a couple of steps further to go but it's rapidly getting there with all the changes made to the series with the update. We'll have to try our hand at some games when it's released in about 3 weeks.

Good Hunting.

MR
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2011, 08:28:23 »
ReplyReply

Hi Cranky, good to see your first posting Smiley
If you look at the bottom of the forum main page you will see there is a CM section.
You can post your links to the scenarios and of course the actual cm file as attachement and write your own story.
Many people have downloaded my scenarios there as well!

Enjoy your stay!

Henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Administrative Co-Worker
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2011, 09:08:19 »
ReplyReply

welcome to WaT  standsalute
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166168 | Sitemap