28 March 2024, 09:35:59 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Have no fear, mmarsh is here!  (Read 6091 times)
mmarsh
Private

United States

View Profile
« on: 11 April 2010, 02:24:18 »
ReplyReply

Greetings all. Nice to see several old faces here, and several new ones to boot!

A few things about me For those who don't know me:

I am an American working in Paris, France. I come from a long line of American Soldiers dating to the US Civil War but due to the stupidity of youth I opted not to serve myself, a decision I deeply regret now. I am toying around with an idea to join the National Guard if I move back to the States before I reach 41. The wife however is not terribly thrilled at the idea.

Lets see interests. Well I am Network/Systems Admin by profession so I like anything computer related. Anything related to Military History, Especially WWII Aircraft and Submarines. I am also a big fan of 19th century warfare
and  I am on a bit of a Napoleon Total War binge right now, so if anyone wants to talk Nappy, either the game or the man I look forward to it.

Thats all for now. Ill be around. Good to meet you all.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2010, 04:09:26 »
ReplyReply

Nice to see you onboard, mmarsh! I guess you will find it a bit boring here compared to IMF, but then also - probably - a lot more civilized Smiley.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 16:21:45 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2010, 04:17:13 »
ReplyReply

Greetings also from here, make yourself comfortable.

We have some (few) rules that I would recommend to give a quick look at here http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/rules/

As for forum mechanics in general we have a good help section here: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/help/, answers to and tips for some specific questions you can find in the tech/FAQ section: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/wat-board-technical-info/. You will see this is a fine tuned machine, should any tech questions remain open feel free to pester me any time!

Have fun!

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2010, 06:13:51 »
ReplyReply

I think we need an IMF refugees forum.
Smiley

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2010, 10:41:35 »
ReplyReply

Hi MMarsh,

I serve with the Dutch national guard!
If you want to do it , than enlist.
You will be sorry if you dont Knipoog
Have a good talk with the wife, spiol her a bit.
In my case the costs were high( divorced) but it got me a much better girl now as a reward Knipoog

henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2010, 10:56:56 »
ReplyReply

MM,

welcome to WaT!

I am Network/Systems Admin by profession so I like anything computer related. Anything related to Military History, Especially WWII Aircraft and Submarines. I am also a big fan of 19th century warfare
and  I am on a bit of a Napoleon Total War binge right now, so if anyone wants to talk Nappy, either the game or the man I look forward to it.

interesting profession and hobbies! I had "Napoleon-Total War" in my hands last weekend, the luxury version, but didn't buy it.... I tried "Rome-Total War" but it couldn't keep me interested...how do you compare "Rome" and "Napoleon"?

about WaT: WaT is a mixture of database and forum, some posts are just there to share data, others become very lively with respectul and grown-up discussions between our members. I'm sure you will find that out pretty soon yourself.
Never hesitate to contact us with ideas and/or suggestions. Or just gimme a call when you have a Q about the forum, posting or content. TA is the technical supervisor, I am responsable for the content of WaT.

As TA said, have a look at our rules which are there to make sure WaT will stay what is is: a friendly environment where people treat eachother with respect. THAT is for us priority no.1!

Koen  salute

ps: I opened a topic where we can discuss Nap-Total War: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/games-reviewspreviews-general-discussions/napoleon-total-war/
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2010, 10:58:59 »
ReplyReply

MMArsh, try Hauptmann, he is playing Napoleon too Smiley

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2010, 16:18:43 »
ReplyReply

We
I think we need an IMF refugees forum.
Smiley

could make it a member group, with a nice badge "IMF Refugee" Smiley  We had this after the total diaster of airdisaster.com when we started airdisaster.info, helped as identifier...

Not saying what restrictions we here might burden upon the IMF refugees  Grijns Knipoog

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2010, 02:19:09 »
ReplyReply

Hey where's my bonus?
You realize I might have recruited half of the active members here, right?  Grijns

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 April 2010, 09:50:11 »
ReplyReply

Hey where's my bonus?
You realize I might have recruited half of the active members here, right?  Grijns

you want to buy some shares?  Knipoog
the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2010, 19:26:37 »
ReplyReply

Do you have a solid business proposition?  Grijns

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile