29 March 2024, 09:46:47 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Linked Events
  • Spain: Dia de los Inocentes: 28 December 2010
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Dia de los Inocentes  (Read 5726 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« on: 9 December 2010, 12:26:25 »
ReplyReply

As every year, our Spanish equivalent of the anglo-saxon "April Fools Day" comes closer, if you are in Spain double check anything thrown at you or written on that day, try to determine whether it is real or you being pranked.

Especially be careful when any publicated media send you somewhere or ask you to do something on this day, you might be in for a prank like WaT last year.

Just FYI and as a reminder, the "Dia de los Inocentes" in Spain (and some Latin American countries) is DEC 28th.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2010, 07:26:32 »
ReplyReply

Very well, I shall consider myself fooled! The only problem is I would not put it past my govt to do such a thing.  hdbng

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2010, 17:58:06 »
ReplyReply

... The only problem is I would not put it past my govt to do such a thing.  hdbng

Dont considered yourself fooled by me, plz (not refering to any other outside angles where long ago they might have screwed you big time). You instantly caught the irony/sarcasm, and - with your exceptional diplomatic countenance - did the right thing to confront me privately with all good intentions. Much appreciated, seriously!

And, with all due respect to any foreign (and US more so to an extent) governments, just that we *would* be prepared to *believe* anything like that tells a lesson to us as citizens (we kindof *KNOW* that our governments screw us), and that angle of my way of thinking was one reason I put that up: "Dia de innocentes" means going to attack your "innocent" beliefs to leave them open to anybody to relish on (and, yes, I know that is bad).

So, you got shocked right now by youself from what you would believe your government would do?

Well, re-capacitate (you might have done the same thing as a GOV guy if you really ponder the situations - I did in MBXes!), and then: Get voting, and speak up. It wont be harder than being in a full blown war you signed up for, and yet this kind of reacting might yield much more effect than killing Germans/Gooks/Arabs/Afghanis (and I am not intending to talk PC here, just matters of life).

Thanks for everybody again turning a friendly blind eye to my malevolent assault on the forum, I *really* love you guys! urock

Rattler

P.S.: Quick poll, should I delete the article or just add an explanation?

Willco, so speak up!

R.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2010, 18:07:21 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2010, 18:13:44 »
ReplyReply

should I delete the article or just add an explanation?

For the most part, we are a small community and interact well enough to leave it as is, but for the unknowing newbie to our site, it might throw them a curve if you dont add a disclaimer.

at2

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2010, 18:25:58 »
ReplyReply

Disclaimer its gonna be, thanks.

Rattler

should I delete the article or just add an explanation?

For the most part, we are a small community and interact well enough to leave it as is, but for the unknowing newbie to our site, it might throw them a curve if you dont add a disclaimer.

at2

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2010, 20:11:05 »
ReplyReply

LOL  Brede lach

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2010, 20:34:03 »
ReplyReply

Disclaimer added.

Rattler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44168390 | Sitemap