18 April 2024, 06:39:54 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: It has started....  (Read 149171 times)
Mad Russian

« Reply #60 on: 16 January 2009, 01:31:21 »
ReplyReply

The reaction the to Danish cartoon worldwide was interesting. Here in the US we commonly make cartoons of everyone from God on down to the dog that owns your house and lets you live it to serve them....

I think that was a wakeup call for the world about just how serious the Islamic issues are.

Good Hunting.

MR
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16 January 2009, 04:17:55 »
ReplyReply

I can recommend the book Infidel by Ali Hirsi.  She was involved in the making of that movie in Holland for which the director was brutally murdered and she, a member of parliament was forced to go into hiding.

I actually spoke to some Dutch people here in this country that faulted her for opening her mouth.  They seemed very afraid of the islamics in Holland.
Didn't they learn anything about opposing facism from the 30's and 40's?

Who knows Rattler, if it keeps up you might have some Al Qaida boys living right down the street from you. Knipoog  After all they do want al andalus back.  You might get radicalized yourself. Kwaad
« Last Edit: 16 January 2009, 04:23:21 by Tanker » Logged
von Staudt
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 January 2009, 21:10:56 »
ReplyReply

I posted this because in an earlier post to Koen I was not sure if Belgum had had any unrest similar to France, Germany, or the Neatherlands.  I found this article that seems to confirm that, yes, Belgum is in trouble too.

I see the usual "kill the messenger" stuff in your reply, but what has any of this got to do with the facts of the story?  Can you refute them or not?  I didn't think so.   Rollende ogen

Nope, the facts are facts, after all, and the lady sure does her research well.

It is the interpretation of the facts that I wanted to shed a light on.

Rattler

What interpretation?  Facts are facts.  "shed light" away.  I'm waiting.   Smiley

***von Staudt***
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 19 January 2009, 09:34:15 »
ReplyReply

I posted this because in an earlier post to Koen I was not sure if Belgum had had any unrest similar to France, Germany, or the Neatherlands.  I found this article that seems to confirm that, yes, Belgum is in trouble too.

I see the usual "kill the messenger" stuff in your reply, but what has any of this got to do with the facts of the story?  Can you refute them or not?  I didn't think so.   Rollende ogen

Rattler

What interpretation?  Facts are facts.  "shed light" away.  I'm waiting.   Smiley

Example:

Fact: The volume of a glass is occupied for 50% by water

Interpretation: The glass is half empty

Rattler
« Last Edit: 19 January 2009, 13:28:32 by TechAdmin » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 19 January 2009, 12:00:44 »
ReplyReply

Negative thinking Rattler....

Its half full Smiley Brede lach

Sorry I couldnt refuse to make that joke  Rollende ogen Knipoog

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 19 January 2009, 13:30:23 »
ReplyReply

Q.E.D. !  Brede lach

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Mad Russian

« Reply #66 on: 19 January 2009, 15:58:53 »
ReplyReply

Or you just have half a glass to start with....................

Good Hunting.

MR
Alan65
The Postcard man
Captain

United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 19 January 2009, 17:51:18 »
ReplyReply

Have you checked to confirm it's water?
von Staudt
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 January 2009, 21:46:25 »
ReplyReply

Rattler

Example:

Fact: The volume of a glass is occupied for 50% by water

Interpretation: The glass is half empty

Rattler

OK.  I give up.  With logic like that I don't have a chance.   Rollende ogen
« Last Edit: 19 January 2009, 22:22:34 by TechAdmin » Logged

***von Staudt***
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 21 January 2009, 15:02:40 »
ReplyReply

Mods: Feel free to move/copy to the games section)

Now that a cease fire is in place, we can take (with the Jerusalem Post) a look of what wargame designers make of the conflict:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231950856374&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Rattler

von Staudt
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23 January 2009, 18:14:24 »
ReplyReply

Well, there are no REAL troubles here in the Netherlands.
All you see is (mostly) left wing supported groups of Moroccans screaming and jelling anti Jewish slogans.
They also get away with it Bedroefd
Once they try to do things against the law I am sure  they will be dealt with.
A lot of people are allready fed up with these guys, terrorizing entire neighbourhoods.
What you dont see in the media are the people who are against these terrorists.
Dozens of gatherings where more people show up to support Israel and its citizens.
Its just not political "right" to stand up against those  "poor" terrorists.

People tend to forget that the average Moslim terrorist only wants to kill us all.
Its either pro or against, being islamic or dead.
As a civilian in a western country you are a legitimate target in their eyes.
Its time more people  understand its that black and white for the average terrorist.
There is no reason to believe they will not hurt you if you voted against a sitting government, they kill indiscriminately, look to what happened in India......
Whats even worse is that these people can hide /make use of our laws while they are living above these same laws, and dont respect them.

Just my 2 cents.

This doesn't look at all:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/01/022630.php

***von Staudt***
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 23 January 2009, 18:21:42 »
ReplyReply

yeah,

Its a left wing supported lawsuit.
Wilders probably isnt able to finance this, so he might be forced stop his political work.
A simple way to get rid of someone who might get thousands of voters behind him.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 23 January 2009, 19:22:22 »
ReplyReply

Good to see freedom of thought and speech is alive and well in Holland. :'(  It's a shame that the altruism of the Dutch has been turned against them.  I hope it's a lesson well learned.

Another article with a little more detail

http://www.city-journal.org/2009/eon0122bb.html
« Last Edit: 23 January 2009, 19:28:17 by Tanker » Logged
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 23 January 2009, 19:27:58 »
ReplyReply

I know... Bedroefd
But there is nothing we can do against it........

Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 23 January 2009, 19:31:24 »
ReplyReply

I know... Bedroefd
But there is nothing we can do against it........

Of course there is.  Grass roots organizing to educate the public and throw out the fuzzy headed liberal politicians who put you in this mess and would like to see you slaves to Sharia law.  Contribute to the legal defense of Wilders.  "Evil is done when good men do nothing".  Some polls show that more than 2/3 of the Dutch don't think Sharia is compatible with a modern Europe.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2009, 19:33:21 by Tanker » Logged
von Staudt
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 24 January 2009, 02:26:11 »
ReplyReply

I am surprised that only 2/3 think Sharia law is not good for the Neatherlands.  That means that 1/3 think it's OK!   Onbeslist  That's scary.   Bedroefd

***von Staudt***
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24 January 2009, 07:06:40 »
ReplyReply

Polls are like statistics.  You can make them say whatever you like.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 24 January 2009, 10:00:39 »
ReplyReply

And I think the latter third had no clue what Sharia was and how to prepare it for supper...

Seriously, I was completely shocked last year when I found out that 90% of my co-citizens here think that the religion in Israel is Islam... I had found out accidentally in a conversatioin with a normally well educated lady and, taking it from there, making a mini poll asking everybody I met for the next week "Do you know what religion the people in Israel have?"... I bet if you try that around your friends you will get a big surprise...

Basically, people dont know very much for starters in general but then share their most dedicated opinions freely:

and not all soldiers are geniuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8fjR0yRBqI (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtyHjzqCURI (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

and, finally, one for German speakers (subtiteled):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFpyl5B0v0g (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Rattler

« Last Edit: 24 January 2009, 10:20:07 by Rattler » Logged

antonic
Private

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 24 January 2009, 10:20:36 »
ReplyReply

People are entitled to their opinions, if I dont share them (or they dont like mine) thats OK as I know I am right ! Grijns

Proud Member of the Bltz ! and a season ticket holder at Anfield !.
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24 January 2009, 17:50:25 »
ReplyReply

When I first started watching these clips, I was embarrassed to be American. After I watched them all, I was embarrassed to be a Human Being. It is no wonder, the foul politicians can so easily lead us down such paths as we now find ourselves.

mea culpa
mea culpa
mea maxima culpa

*shakes head in utter disbelief*

J

as for the title of this thread...I say, "It never ended"

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44437955 | Sitemap