19 April 2024, 20:28:21 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: WW2 Battles in the Netherlands (1944) Dinxperlo  (Read 4873 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« on: 9 January 2011, 17:37:39 »
ReplyReply

March 1945,

In the eastern part of The Netherlands the Germans were not going to retreat without a fight.
Late march 1945 the Germans tried to attack the british positions two times but were repelled by succesfull counterattacks.
Main targets were two bridges over the river Holtwicker Bach, today the biggest part of that river is dry now.
The Germans lost 135 Heer soldiers and 145 paratroopers during the attack for the bridges, at Dinxperlo they lost additional men 45 paras and SS men and 85 men of a reserve unit.

At Dinxperlo was the main German HQ, this was based in the home of the Hallen family.
Staff: General Blaskowitz OBW, general von Waldenburg, general Fiebig, general Student and general Schlemm.
Commanders present were two famous paras, major Witt and major Hopp, both were awarded for attacks on Belgium fortress Eben Emael.

Units available,
SS Gebirgsjaeger aufklarungsbn Karst
SS polizei Feldjaeger bn A
116th panzerdivision Windhund
1st fallschirmjaeger division

At Dinxperlo:
Panzergrenadierbn I/57
Flak and scheinwerfer bn 611 ( 88mm)
Leichter Flak bn II ( 20 mm)
SS polizei wache compagnie
Fahrad bn Melder
panzerbn I from 116th panzerdivision
Volkssturm Suederwick
Pioniere gruppe 3 Fallschirmjaeger div 1

At Bocholt:
Landesschutzen Bat- H
Landesschutzen Bat 479
Landesschutzen Bat 488
Landesschutzen Bat A1
III Flakscheinwerfer regiment

Reserve units:
Infantry ersatzregiment 20
Panzergrenadierersatzregiment 57
Panzergrenadier ausbildungs batallion und schule 64.
Volkssturm bn195.
Staff of 1st fallschirmjagerdivision.
116th panzerdivision staff and support units.

Stalag VI

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44455483 | Sitemap