A man stopped his vehicle next to a police van and opened fire with an AK killing 1 and wounding two officers and a tourist. He was shot dead by a fourth officer. Police started a manhunt to find another suspect but this man proved to be innocent. IS immediately claimed responsibility.
The killer, named Karim Cheufri, had a message from IS. He was a known criminal and was allready convicted twice for attempting to kill police officers. Allthough he was radicalized police had no knowlegde of that fact. Investigations are launched to find out why the man wasnt on the terrorist list in France.
Soccerteam Borussia Dortmund was the target for a new terrorist attack on tuesday. 3 explosions rocked the bus the players were in. They had just left their hotel on the way to the stadium for the Champions League match against AS Monaco. The explosives were placed around the hotel. The tires and the windows of the bus were completely destroyed. Defender Bartra was injured by glass and suffered from a broken wrist. One of the escorting police officers was also injured, he is still in hospital. The supporters had to stay in the stadium untill all safe sign was given by the police. The Monaco fans sang songs and clapped their hands in support of the Dortmund team, many could stay with German supporters who organized beds for French supporters so they could be able to watch the game on wednesday.
Responsiblility has not been claimed but many believe islamic based terrorists are responsible, some blamed right-wing hooligans.
Police found a letter near the justice department in which the writers claimed to have been responsible for the attack. The letter started with the words: 'in the name of Allah', the writer stated that all famous Germans would be targeted unless the Germans stopped with their military support to the coalition and he also demanded Rammstein airbase being shut down. Police didnt give more details about the letter and its origine.
Wednesday morning a suspect was arrested with islamic appearance, this proved to be ...how surprising.... a 25 year old Iraqi. The guy wasnt responsible for the attack but he proved to be the leader of a gang in Iraq that kidnapped and killed people, he remains in custody.
Uefa and Fifa officials reacted in shock. Barcelona, Bartras former club, spoke friendly words in support of the Spanish international.
Police said they now have arrested the man responsible, it is a 28 year old Russian, Sergej W. His motive was financial. With the attack he hoped the stocks for the soccerclub would go down so he could make a profit. More details were given, the man used 3 explosive devices filled with metal pins attached to the gate at the hotels entrance. They were set off with a remote control, he had a room in the same hotel. Detail, the guy did not know when Borussia had to play so he booked for a week...... The shrapnell hit the bus but because they were placed to high fortunately they didnt do much harm to the players and the staff in the buss.
Police reported they have arrested two IS symphatisants today. The men who have been arrested are aged 23 and 29, the police was on the lookout for the men. One of them had been in prison before and radicalised in prison. Secretary Fekl said the men had plans to attack high priority targets during the upcoming French elections this weekend. After searching the suspects houses police found weapons and materiel to make explosives.
Police found an explosive in the centre of Oslo, some areas were sealed of by the police. 1 man is taken in custody, a 17 year old Russian citizen known to have extremist islamic ideas. He was spotted near the subway station and was arrested by police officers because of his suspicious behaviour. EOD personell blew the bomb up, it wasnt a very heavy device.
Swedish police spokesman said today the terrorist was on the run for police. His asylum request was rejected, he should have been removed from the country. With him 5 more suspects have been arrested. The 4 deadly victims came from Belgium, UK and Sweden (2). 10 injured are still in hospital, 4 of them are in a serious condition.
A terrorist targeted young children as he drove a hijacked lorry into a crowded shopping street in Stockholm, witnesses claimed to a reporter after fleeing the scene. Infants’ buggies were sent “flying through the air”, one Swedish broadcaster reported, as the vehicle zigzagged along the pedestrianised Queen Street shopping district and crashed in the window of a department store. “It drove from left to right. It didn’t look out of control, it was trying to hit people,” a second witness claimed. “It hit people, it was terrible. It hit a little buggy with a child in it, demolished it.” Swedish police said on Saturday morning that they believe a 39-year-old suspect was behind the truck attack which left four dead and 15 injured, but declined to comment on reports that the suspect was a father-of-four from Uzbekistan. The unnamed suspect reportedly confessed to the attack after being detained in Marsta, which is around 25 miles north of the Swedish capital. Some reports suggested he had previously posted jihadist propaganda on his Facebook page and had images of people injured in the explosion at the Boston marathon in April 2013. Police found explosives in the truck used in the attack in Stockholm, Swedish television said on Saturday citing multiple unnamed police sources. Eight victims, including children, remain in hospital, according to Swedish media. Three of the victims died at the scene, a report said, while one died after arriving at the hospital. Sweden’s prime minister, Stefan Löfven, said everything indicated the incident was terrorism. It happened less than two weeks after the Westminster Bridge attack and stirred up memories of the attacks in Nice and Berlin where Islamist sympathisers used lorries as weapons – a tactic first suggested in a 2010 directive from al-Qaeda commanders to their supporters. The attack also came less than two months after Donald Trump provoked a row with Sweden after suggesting that immigration had led to rising crime in the country.
A day after the bloody car attack in the UK police and soldiers managed to prevent another such attack in Antwerpen, Belgium. The assailant known to have a criminal record, a French Moroccan named Mohamed R. drove towards the cities most famous shoppingcentre (the Meir) at high speed. However all pedestrians managed to avoid being hit by his car. An army patrol at the scene reacted at once, the soldiers tried to stop the attacker. The coward fled right away probably after spotting the soldiers. Shortly after his escape the man was arrested by Antwerpens police. According to a police spokesman many weapons were found in the car among them knives and a riotgun. Belgiums security was allready on high alert, and according to the meir additional security measures have been declared after this incident.
Yesterday afternoon a man armed with a knife drove with his car into a crowd of people walking across Westminster bridge. Behind him he left 29 wounded ( 7 in critical condition) and 2 deads. He than tried to reach the parliament buildings where he stabbed an unarmed policeofficer (48 year old PC Keith Palmer, who had 15 years of service with the parliamentary and diplomatic protection service. He was a husband and father) Shortly after which he was killed by armed policemen responding to the emergency. Another identified victim is Aysha Frade, 43, who worked as a teacher in London. A mother-of-two riginating from Spain. Among the wounded were students from France and the UK, tourists from Korea, Australia, Romania and Germany. One of the victims was rescued from the water, its unclear if she fell or jumped into the water. Investigators say they believe they know the identity of the attacker, and that he is thought to have acted alone but was “inspired by international terrorism”. They are investigating possible associates. This morning police conducted a raid against suspected adresses, arresting 8 people.
Two soldiers patrolling Orly airport in Paris have shot a man dead after he tackled their female colleague to the floor and tried to take her weapon, according to French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian. He tackled the woman and was able to grabb her gun, he used her as a shield. When he rose up a little the other soldiers got a chance to shoot him. The man, a known criminal named Zyian Belgacem, had earlier in the day opened fire on a police officer during an identity check in the northern Paris suburb of Garges-les-Gonesse, according to Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux. He was stopped by an officer for traffic violations. At some point he unarmed the policeman and shot him. The officer was only slightly injured. Then, Paris police said, he stole a woman's car at gunpoint. It was found near Orly. Police did not immediately provide a motive or identify the attacker, though the Paris prosecutor's office said he was 39 and had a record of robbery and drug offenses. The office said he did not appear in a French government database of people considered potential threats to national security. The prosecutor's office said its anti-terrorism division was handling the investigation and had taken the attacker's father and brother into custody for questioning. Francois Hollande, the French president, praised the courage and efficiency of troops and police following Saturday's incidents. In a written statement, Hollande reaffirmed the state's "determination to act without respite to fight terrorism, defend our compatriots' security and ensure the protection of the territory".
Due to a terrorisme alert a large mall in Essen, Germany was closed by the police. A thorough search was conducted, the mall is safe now but remains closed untill monday. An estimated 60.000 people visit this mall with over 200 stores and restaurants every weekend. Police spokesman told the press that 2 men have been arrested in Oberhausen. 1 at a house in that town and another in an internet cafe. They had contacts with a foreign member of IS according to the police, this man gave the order to set off a bomb in Essen. He also provided a guide how to make a bomb.
Its the third time since 2016 that Essen is a target. In april 2016 two Turks attacked a Sikh wedding with a bomb causing 3 injured people and a policeman was stabbed in his neck some weeks later.
2 attacks in 24 hours. At the main trainstation a man ( refugee from former Yougoslavia) attacked people with an axe. 7 people injured, 3 of them bad. Police spokesman said the man was not a terrorist but confused......he could be arrested after he jumped from a bridge. The man is held in a prisonhospital.
Second attack was carried out with a machete, only 1 victim slightly injured. No details known about this guy but again police say that it had nothing to do with terrorism.....
This man is still on the run from the authorities.
Today in paris in a mall near the Louvre museum a terrorist attacked French soldiers on patrol with 2 machettes. He shouted Allah Akbar according to wittnesses. The attacker lightly injuried one of the soldiers before getting shot and hit 5 times by another soldier. He was badly injured and transported to a hospital. The man carried a bag with him, but no explosives were found, in his house no weapons or explosives were found either. The man is a 29 year old Egyptian, he came from Dubai using a tourist visum. Another man was arrested at the scene because police found he acted suspicious. Nothing is known about the mans identity or his motives.
The killer responsible for the attack on nightclub Reina has been arrested. Its Abdulgadir Masjaripov from Uzbekistan. Masjaripov was arrested in Istanbul living in a luxury appartment with 3 women his son and a friend from Kirgizia. According to the police he is trained in Afghanistan. Police kept the man under surveillance for 5 days before arresting him. Additional investigations are ongoing to find out more about his network.
Today 3 terrorists carried out an attack against Izmirs courthouse. Police stopped the terrorists before they could reach the court itself. Their car carrying a heavy bomb, was stopped at a gate. After a brief firefight the terrorists blew up their bomb. In the exchange of fire and the aftermath of the explosion a policeman and an employee of the court died. Two of the 3 terrorists are dead, a third fled from the scene. Izmirs governor thinks the PKK is behind this ltest attack, however IS could have done this as well. None of these groups have claimed resposibilty.
The Royal netherlands Airforce has a place to honour and commemorate fallen soldiers and airmen. Its located near the national military museum just a few steps from the parking place overlooking the runway at the Former airbase Soesterberg.
View at the museum from the monument.
The monument has two sites. The first site has a large statue with the airforce weapon on it, around it is a large plain where ceremonies can be held. Every year on july 1 the airforce helds a ceremony here to commemorate the men.
The second part has a U shaped wall with the names of all fallen soldiers. Several signs are placed along the route. On one of them are the names of the pilots who died in the fighting of may 1940. There is also a plaquette with the areas the airforce fought in.