23 August 2019, 13:46:25 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Call of Duty modern warfare part 3  (Read 3681 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 29 October 2011, 10:46:06 »
ReplyReply

between CoD MW3 and Battlefield 3  I came across some very negative issues on BF3, some excerpts:

I do not know what EA where thinking but this Origin rubbish is the worst way to set up a game I have ever come across. You need to download origin - download the game (even though I have the disks). FYI the name you use to sign up with Origin will be your Gamer Tag, which can also not be changed. So after a couple of hours of downloading and installing I go to launch the Campaign mode to test the game out. It loads, you watch the cutseen but as soon as you get to play the game crashes. So i come out of it, reboot and try again. Now when I attempt to launch a game I get an error "Origin is not installed, please re-install and try again." So at this point I go to re-install origin only to find I have to start the whole process again. It's an 11.4 GB download each time + a 495mb update.

I would not recommend purchasing this game until the issues have resolved.

Not one to usually give reviews but, unfortunately, the issues with this game are so outrageous that I decided to make an exception. Firstly, as others have already mentioned, the terms and conditions seem to state that EA can basically see what you get up to on your own PC by installing what may as well be spy-ware. I find this to be very intrusive and a breach of personal privacy. What is even more worrying is that EA have been allowed to do such a thing! Furthermore, the fact that Origin has to be installed to play I also feel is unfair and very anti-competitive, how long before Origin is the only source of games and you have to pay the price EA sets through the Origin store to get this game?!

Despite the issues mentioned above, I wasn't aware of these until I had already installed the game and that leads on to the next problem - in my case it is completely unplayable! After successfully installing the game twice (as it wasn't working I uninstalled and reinstalled yet achieved nothing)and a PC capable of running the game, I have yet to experience any of this game. I have been unable to connect to any server for multiplayer or even play single player as both of these options are launched through a web based system which seems to be suffering from many problems, in my case the game launcher gets stuck on initialising and in effect freezing the launcher). Having looked through the forums on said system, I am not alone with my issues. The forums are flooded with angry gamers like myself, who have been unable to play this game in any capacity. To add insult to injury, EA and DICE haven't even seemed to acknowledge the problem and have offered no solutions themselves, at least that I could find and I have been trying to sort this for 3 hours as I type this, as well as joing a petition on the forums demanding EA/DICE to acknowledge these problems - bear in mind the game has been out since Monday in the US and many people there are still on the forums with problems as well.

Uterly disgusting behaviour on their part. Instead of spending the fortune they did on advertising and songs by Jay-z, perhaps they shoudld of spent that money on trying to develop and release a quality product! Cannot express how angry I am and have uninstalled Battlefield and Origin and will avoid at it at all costs in the future, it is time EA realised that we, the consumer, deserve to be treated with some respect!

Why 1 of 5 stars for a game which received >90% in most reviews?

Because of EA's background-software "Origin", which to be honest, is nothing more than typical *spyware*.
With buying BF3, you allow publisher EA to literally collect every information which can be found on your computer, and let it be sent to EA and used by their 3rd-party partners. (!)

Yes, Origin is different from other background-software like Valve's "Steam".
Germany's biggest PC game mag "Gamestar" has commissioned a lawyer to examine the end-user licence which every BF3-player has to agree to, in order to play.
The result: EA's EULA is violating German and EU law, breaking into privacy of customers installing their purchased product.

Origin will check all your files stored on your hard disk. (ALL: Including private documents, pictures, videos, all programs including tax declaration and other 100% private applications - EVERYTHING)
And it will check your Windows registry to find out about your internet surf behaviour, which programs have been installed in the past, if there is any pirated software on your computer, and so on.

To read further about this topic, check these articles:
h[...]
and:
[...]

It seems there will be a workaround soon to prevent Origin from spying your computer. There is a tool called "sandboxie" which will let programs like Origin run in an isolated virtual machine. But this more like a 3rd-party-hack, not a real solution.
The only possible solution can be EA to disarm Origin from its spyware functions.

Say "no" to commercial spyware and rate BF3 with a 1-star-rating here at Amazon, to let EA hear the wake-up call.

and there are hundreds reviews like these on the net....

so I'm getting more interested in Cod, also because I liked the old ones I played years ago....

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 GAMEPLAY COD MW3! - Official Footage HD
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 7 November 2011, 19:50:28 »
ReplyReply

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - The Vet & The n00b
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2011, 19:19:36 »
ReplyReply

price on Amazon dropped to £24.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00511T4QY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

it has been officially declared that MW3 is the fastest selling multimedia product of all times hatsoff

http://mashable.com/2011/11/09/modern-warfare-3-sales/
http://mashable.com/2011/11/09/modern-warfare-3-sales/

MW3 sells 6.5 million first day

Call of Duty: MW3 sales top $775 million in five days

MW3 tops Avatar to claim ‘fastest billion’ in sales

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the latest instalment in Activision Blizzard’s hit war-game franchise, has realized $1-billion-worth of sales in 16 days, outpacing blockbuster movies including Avatar and Harry Potter, but marking a slowdown after its record-breaking first week.

MW3 outsold Activision’s two previous Call of Duty instalments, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2, with $400-million in first-day sales and $775-million in its first five days, demonstrating the growing importance of a Hollywood-style opening weekend sales and marketing blitz.

Activision is claiming a new high-water mark for video games in the entertainment wars by reaching $1-billion in sales one day faster than 20th Century Fox’s Avatar, an indication of the ever-wider appeal of gaming beyond its teenage-boy origins. James Cameron’s 3D sci-fi epic set the movie record for reaching that milestone in 17 days in 2009, before going on to overtake Titanic as the biggest-grossing film of all time, with total takings of $2.78-billion, according to Box Office Mojo, the film website.

Some industry observers have suggested that MW3’s stronger opening might lead to a faster fall-off in sales, after three-quarters of the 16-day total were achieved in the first five days.

But Bobby Kotick, chief executive of Activision Blizzard, told the Financial Times that sales of Black Ops remained stronger than he expected a year after launch, due to online multiplayer gaming.

“Those prior releases are continuing to sell at rates higher than what we’ve seen previously,” Mr. Kotick said. “Even though MW3 is selling faster, the thing driving the success of those games is the social experience and online play.”

Black Ops leads a ranking by NPD Group, which tracks American sales of the biggest-selling games titles in the U.S., with $900-million in sales to date. Estimates suggest that MW3 has sold more than $500-million in the U.S. so far while Black Ops has sold around $1.4-billion to date globally. NPD says MW3 U.S. sales in November were 7 per cent higher than Black Ops during the same period last year.

MW3’s $1-billion global sales figure is largely comprised of physical disc sales but Activision’s new COD Elite online service, which provides extra statistics and add-ons for players, has also sold a little more than 1 million premium subscriptions.

The world’s two largest video-games companies are set to go head to head again next week with EA’s Star Wars: the Old Republic taking on Activision’s long-running massively popular multiplayer online game, World of Warcraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 26034290 | Sitemap