26 March 2017, 03:27:41 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum has been heavily streamlined to help you find your place of interest faster. Hope you like it!

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: FFTv3 - FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT 2016  (Read 12029 times)
Sempai

« on: 15 September 2015, 23:48:16 »
ReplyReply

GENERAL INFORMATION

This tournament is a CMx1 tournament and both formats, CMBB and CMAK, are needed if one wants to participate. With the start of the coming year (2016) FFT goes into the third round. It will follow the classical style of mirror battling as You know from the first and second round in the last years. We will again choose a monthly winner after every battle and from the pool of monthly winners the overall winner has to been chosen. The scenarios are small so far as possible as is the turn number. One or two exceptions will there be - for example CHARKOW and BOCAGE what are a bit taller each. The current scenarios are as follows:

CIECHANOW 1939 - n.a.
SEDAN 1940 - River Crossing
RUSSIAN BORDER 1941 - "Transit Scenario" (Experimental use of Leaving Zones for not-combat-units and the mortar-SPW. You can use them as You want but may not lose this units.)
CHARKOW 1943 - n.a.
BOCAGE 1944 - n.a.
KÜSTRIN 1945 - n.a.

Maybe slight changings have to be done yet. But I think all in all they are playable.

Some short explanations:
Task Scenario = You have to fulfil a task. In the given scenario that means if You don´t fulfil the task You lose by Total defeat even if the result tables show a different result - maybe even a Total Victory.
Blitzkrieg Scenario = You have to be swift in Your actions to gain the victory. Can be similar to the Task Scenario sometimes.
Landing Scenario = In this case You have to overcome a beach before the actual target/objective can get attacked. Sometimes the beach is already the target/object.
Transit Scenario = You have to fight free the way for a unit or units who has to leave the map. Or at least You have to get Your marked units/troops out of the hell in that scenario.
n.a. = Only a common H2H battle.

I think Tank Battle and River Crossing scenario are self-explanatory.

SPECIAL INFORMATION AND INNOVATIONS FOR FFTv3
As mentioned earlier this time the tournament starts in July 2016. Again six battles are to play via mirror battling. The size of the maps vary from 400m x 400m to 720m x 800m. The players have about a month to start and finish each of their battles.
Because of the limited space on the maps it can be reinforcements appear amidst heavy battling or in LOS of enemy units. This I ask You to see as quick changing battle situation, as supply under fire or similar.
For FFTv3 there are some innovations. For a few scenarios You will have units what are only good for transportation or similar. This units should get off the map via exit zone. The units are named "eligible 1", "eligible 2" and so on so You know exact what units should rather leave the map instead of getting sacrificed for recce missions without return or other gamey moves.
Further the SEDAN 1940 scenario for example will set You in a situation where You have to get a foot over a small river where the fords and bridge(s) lay in sight of heavy fortified positions. To give the defender a bit variation possibilities he will get some entrenchments what aren´t fixed. That entrenchments he can set as he wants. So it is no failure if there are some fortifications what are fixed (and aren´t allowed to get manipulated) and a few what aren´t fixed (what can get set as one wishes).
In the RUSSIAN BORDER 1941 scenario the russians have the setup zone for the whole map. That is to allow them to set the few foxholes they have on positions they think good for the following reinforcements. This is an experimental idea I want to test. So don´t worry why it´s only such a small scale!

GENERAL RULES

The main rule is the Tourney Master is always right! His word is law.

1.) Monthly Battles: All battle are fought monthly. If not mentioned different before the battles start You have one month to finish Your battles. If not the result is forced by the TM. To make that possible all files of the ongoing and just finished battles have to be stored and send over to the TM until You get the OK of the TM to delete them from Your harddrive. Not following that rule let the TM only one way to act - You lose by Total Defeat. More as two times to be punished that way You will drop out of the tournament automatically.

2.) Kind of Battles: All battles are mirror battles - means both opponents have to play the same battle from both sides to the same time.

3.) Battle Results: So long as not especially mentioned otherwise before a battle the results shown on the result tables of CM are what counts. For the scenarios with special rules it is the same so long as the tasks are fulfilled. If the tasks aren´t fulfilled it is of no interest what the CM result tables show - it can only be a Total Defeat.

4.) Time Frame for Turns: You have to start Your battles within 3 days after the TM sent out the setup files. As soon as You have sent Your setup to Your opponent You have to post a verification here in the concerning thread! Further You have to finish Your battles to the set deadline. That will always be given short before the next battles start. Not following that rules is immediately punished with cancelling the battles. Your opponent will get a replacement player to finish the battles. If no replacement is available he will play against me instead but with open cards for that battle.

5.) Monthly Winner: Every month a monthly winner is claimed by the best result. If there are two results with the absolutely same score the both players have to play a decision match against each other. However that may not influence their common FFT battles. The common FFT battles have always priority to decision matches. Nevertheless decision matches should be done during one month as well. After all scenarios are played an overall winner is chosen by the highest total points number.

6.) Opponents: The players who have to play against each other will be diced/drawn randomly by the TM before every new scenario. Before You can play again that very opponent You have to play all other participants of FFTv3 first - at least if the FFT don´t end before that happens.

7.) Points System: For each result You will given points. That means both Your results will calculated together and the result of the points counts for the table. The points will be given as following:

Given Points for:
Total Victory = (4)
Major victory = (3)
Tactical Victory = (2)
Minor Victory = (1)

Draw = 0

Minor Defeat = (-1)
Tactical Defeat = (-2)
Major Defeat = (-3)
Total Defeat = (-4)

8.) Passwords: Each player gets a password provided by the TM. The same password is set by the TM in every new battle. Make sure You don´t publish it by accident.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2015, 17:26:36 »
ReplyReply

CIECHANOW 1939

GENERAL DATA: CMBB, 640m x 720m, Midday, 20 Turns, shown as June 1941, clear, dry, cool, German Attack

BATTLE SITUATION: This is the Day! The Wehrmacht rushes into Poland. The Defenders aren´t surprised but have un-
derestimated the professionalism of the Germans. So german Tanks and Men are already on the doorstep of the polish
Realm. And the blow is strong and swift.

BATTLE RESTRICTIONS: n.a.

SPECIAL RULES: n.a.

NOTE: The Scenario is inspired by the fine Panzergeneral scenario with the same name. In the far future I´ll try to re-do
it in a more detailed way and as a stand-alone scenario.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2015, 17:27:08 »
ReplyReply

SEDAN 1940

GENERAL DATA: CMAK, 640m x 640m, Dawn, 20 Turns, July 1940, clear, very dry, hot, German Attack

BATTLE SITUATION: On the Way to Sedan the Germans reached a strong fortified defensive Parameter of the French
what is settled behind the River. During the Night the Wehrmacht had tried to build a Pontoon Bridge over the River to
have a further way of crossing the Water swiftly. But the french Defenders knew their stuff and let their Artillery speak.
A whole Company Pioneers met their Maker as the Bridge was destroyed. Now the OKH decided to try a General Attack
with all of its Power. To replace the lost Pioneers and to strengthen the Attack a bit more a Company (-) of Sturmpio-
niere (Assault Pioneers/Bridge Engineers) was attached to the already situated Troops.

BATTLE RESTRICTIONS: Fixed Units, Fortifications and Troops aren´t allowed to get manipulated before the first Turn!

NOTE: The Assault Pioneers are shown as german Pioniere 1945.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2015, 17:27:34 »
ReplyReply

RUSSIAN BORDER 1941

GENERAL DATA: CMBB, 400m x 400m, Midday, 20 Turns, June 1941, clear, dry, hot, German Attack

BATTLE SITUATION: Poland is splitted into a russian and a german Part. The OKW got Information of a soon coming
Assault of the Russians. So it was decided not to wait any longer and launch the own one as swift as possible. The
Russians who are still preparing for that Assault were totally surprised by the fierce Force of the german Attack. Near
Masuria Panzergrenadiers meet signs of the russian Army. Now a mainly mechanized Operation has started to conquer
this Sector.

NOTE: This is partly experimental. The russian Player has the opportunity to set a few Foxholes on every Position he
wants on the Map. That is thought to show already built Entrenchments which are overrun by the Wehrmacht before
they were manned but could still get in good Use for strengthened Positions.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2015, 17:27:57 »
ReplyReply

CHARKOW 1943

GENERAL DATA: CMBB, 560m x 640m, Evening/Dusk, 30 Turns, March 1943, clear, dry, cool, German Assault

BATTLE SITUATION: This is the last german Attack on Charkow. It is launched by the 4th Panzerarmee. Part of that
Army is the 2nd Panzerdivision "Das Reich". The SS advances from the S/SW during the Parts of the Wehrmacht atta-
cking from the E. The Attack so far was a Success. But now, to lead the final Blow to a good Finish, the Germans have
to conquer the 3 Flags in the SE, where still russian Troops have a Stronghold, to have the Back free for the remaining
Objects. Their Opponents are the russian 69th Army and the 3rd Armored Army.

BATTLE RESTRICTIONS: Fixed Units, Fortifications and Troops aren´t allowed to get manipulated before the first Turn!

NOTE: n.a.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2015, 17:28:22 »
ReplyReply

BOCAGE 1944

GENERAL DATA: CMAK, 640m x 800m, Midday, 30 Turns, June 1944, clear, dry, hot, Meeting Engagement

BATTLE SITUATION: The Allies have made it over the Beaches of the Normandy and launch a further Attack into the
german holded Terrain. So far it went surprisingly well. Nothing really could stall the Advance for a longer Time. If only
there were not the disturbing Reports of fast and terrible Tiger Tanks Attacks. Rumor has it the famous Michael Witt-
mann is responsable for the heavy allied Losses during that Attacks.

NOTE: The Scenario is very free orientated on the Incidents around Villers-Bocage during the earlier Phase of Wittmann´s
Actions.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2015, 17:28:55 »
ReplyReply

KÜSTRIN 1945

GENERAL DATA: CMBB, 400m x 400m, Dawn, 30 Turns, January 1945, clear, light snow, cold, Russian Assault

BATTLE SITUATION: Küstrin is one of the last german controlled Areas. The russians try to crush the Resistance there
by all means. The Defenders are hopelessly outgunned in all Domains except the Experience. But they fight for Survival.
If they lose they lose not only their Lifes.

idiot94
Private

China

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2015, 05:24:05 »
ReplyReply

Hi, Sempai and Stoffel, my old friends Smiley

I just registered, with this old ID Smiley

Let us have fun here!
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2015, 18:16:21 »
ReplyReply

LOL, good to see you here!!

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 February 2016, 05:39:02 »
ReplyReply

Two of the six scenarios are tested by now. RUSSIAN BORDER and CHARKOW. The latter was a very crazy battle. I lost almost all my Wehrmacht tanks on the corner of a building even I sneaked and rushed and distracted and tried all possible. Therefor I´ll name this very corner "HELLS CORNER" or "DEVILS KITCHEN" or similar. If You see that on the map You know where to be careful.
The SS tanks made it until the last turn. Most of the infantry of all branches survived on german side. On russian side many are fallen but let the Germans bleed as hell. I was surprised how dear the Russians could sell themselfs. The shootouts between the tanks of both sides proceeded surprisingly even/level. It happened often that the shells bounced off of the armors - no matter if russian or german. That as a short info about the status of the playtests.

Greetings Smiley
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2016, 15:46:06 »
ReplyReply

Good news indeed!
Looking forward to play them Smiley

Henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2016, 02:52:02 »
ReplyReply

CIECHANOW 1939 is tested by now! The Polish Forces have really to fight for survive - even if the Wehrmacht has a hard stand as well. As German I lost several vehicles and a few men during the 2nd or 3rd turn as the polish airstrike zoomed in on my poor river crossers. Bedroefd I made a careful advance to the town and was lucky to get one gun destroyed by no single loss. The emergency airstrip of the Poles was overrun.
On russian/polish side (some units have to be russians since no polish tanks etc. are available in the early stage of CMx1) my men were able to hold the Germans back until the last turn. The high losses started during the last turns of the battle. During the first turns I was able to disintegrate a whole platoon of german tanks. But therefor I had to uncover all my guns and a pioneers squad position what was thought as last defense. So the following german tanks were forewarned.

Greetings Smiley
S-1
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2016, 13:34:22 »
ReplyReply

I am halfway in the Spanish battle.
Fascists crossed the river but it is a bloodbath for them so far Smiley
Our comrades are waiting to throw them back!
sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 1 June 2016, 02:09:31 »
ReplyReply

All setup files sent! Good Luck, Commanders!

Greetings Smiley
seel
Private

United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2016, 05:00:37 »
ReplyReply

What is the status of the tournament? I thought the results of my games against BADHAGGIS/GRADIVUS had been reported. I see not other results. Results of our game(SEEL-allied/major defeat) (SEEL - Axis/minor victory).
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 31 July 2016, 23:22:17 »
ReplyReply

Sempai may be away on a much deserved holiday, if you ask me.
Or his health plays up. who knows. I am sure he will get back soon!

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 1 December 2016, 11:16:41 »
ReplyReply

Hello Comrades!

I apologize again for my long unannounced vanishing! Most of You already know I was in hospital and am now in a sick-leave since weeks if not months. No change in sight. That means nothing other as I´m still in a state a normal working and life is not possible. I´m on CMx1 tournaments since I´m back but can only work on a very slow pace on them. I try my best to restart FFTv3 the coming year. LFX is already in the recruiting phase and RAW, the former MBC, shows first results.
Further I work through all my mails and saves, what is a lot of stuff because of my longtime pause, and update the battles asap - what is not so soon, I think because of the mentioned slow pace. Nevertheless it´s good to be back!

Greetings Smiley
sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 1 March 2017, 23:34:36 »
ReplyReply

This will be the replacement for SEDAN.

LOW COUNTRIES 1944

GENERAL DATA: CMAK, 640m x 640m, High Noon, 30 Turns, August 1944, clear, dry, hot, ME

BATTLE SITUATION: That´s one of the uncounted small skirmishes between the West Allies and the Germans short after the successful landing of the Allies at the Normandy. Both sides go for the ridge what parts the sector. Because for both sides it is more or less a probe they  don´t want to waste heavy units. So it´s a mechanized meeting engagement.

sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 1 March 2017, 23:39:02 »
ReplyReply

The KÜSTRIN scenario will get replaced by another KÜSTRIN scenario or a SEELOW HEIGHTS scenario in the near future. I have to decide that yet.

Greetings
sempai
Global Moderator

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 March 2017, 00:56:11 »
ReplyReply

All setups sent for RUSSIAN BORDER 1941 scenario! Except to YAMA since I have currently no opponent for him. I try to convince someone I know. But that could last a bit.

Greetings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 14996767 | Sitemap