29 March 2024, 07:57:42 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Movie: Pohwasogeuro / 71:Into the Fire  (Read 11040 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 13 November 2011, 17:34:13 »
ReplyReply

IMDB: LINK

71: Into the Fire (2010) - John H. Lee - Cine-Asia Trailer [HD]

since I have a payed digital movie channel I give alot of movies a 'chance'...

so I gave this Korean movie a 'chance' holding the remote control in my hand, ready to push the 'stop' button  hihi

but I didn't... and I didn't even think about it... neither did Karine....even when it was past midnight  Grijns

this is a good Asian movie.... way better than all the Asian crap you've seen before!

I've even seen Hollywood movies which are way worse that this one! Yes, it has some stereotypical characters and the plot is not the most surprising but overall this movie deserves a good score and your attention  smallclap

71 into the fire trailer (editing reel example)

the defenders of the Pohang Girls middle school

Wiki on the Battle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_P%27ohang-dong
« Last Edit: 13 November 2011, 17:45:29 by Koen » Logged
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2011, 17:18:35 »
ReplyReply

Movie just arrived on my doormat.
Thanks comrades from the postal services Smiley
Gonna watch it this evening!

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2011, 17:51:40 »
ReplyReply

Movie just arrived on my doormat.
Thanks comrades from the postal services Smiley
Gonna watch it this evening!

did you buy it after reading my review or did you already knew that movie?
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 3 December 2011, 19:46:42 »
ReplyReply

LOl, no, knew about it before.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 3 December 2011, 20:20:33 »
ReplyReply

LOl, no, knew about it before.

damn, I thought that someone really made use of my reviews  cry
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 4 December 2011, 11:54:04 »
ReplyReply

Not your fault but if you buy a DVD you get previews from other movies Smiley

Overall its a good story.
At start the movie shows soldiers shooting in every direction and a lot of chaos, men running back and forth without any use.
Somehow I think directors have to get rid of that idea that action means, running around like frightened ADHD rabbits.
The actor who played the South Korean commander did a good job, his character is that of the leader against his will, and he plays it very well.
The movie shows his problems with gaining trust of his men, but gradually you see the students follow.
Specially the trouble he had with the 3 criminals is very well detailed.l
The action scenes are getting better during the movie with the opening North Korean attack on the school as best example.
The students waiting untill the mines and grenades explode.
Worth your money!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44167484 | Sitemap