29 March 2024, 08:10:06 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: CMBN - Q&A  (Read 29484 times)
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2011, 13:29:30 »
ReplyReply

If you selected that option: yes. If you selected "Download Only" (which I'm not sure is even existing) then: no. Best tactic is to donload and store somewhere else, preferably on an external storage device that isn't hooked to your machine permanently.

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2011, 17:00:51 »
ReplyReply

If you selected that option: yes. If you selected "Download Only" (which I'm not sure is even existing) then: no. Best tactic is to donload and store somewhere else, preferably on an external storage device that isn't hooked to your machine permanently.

this is the email which I recieved:
Battlefront Newsletter 17 May 2011 You are receiving this newsletter because you have subscribed to receive updates from Battlefront.com. For a one-click unsubscribe, please follow the link at the bottom. --- Hello Koen Declercq! You are receiving this email because you have pre-ordered Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy. This is a one-time notification (you are not subscribed to any mailing lists). Your Pre-Order Download is now ready! You can download your copy using various methods: 1) go to www.battlefront.com and log into your customer account. If you have lost your login for the main site (not the forum!) go to www.battlefront.com/lostpw. After logging in, click on "My Account" from the top menu, then open your pre-order from the Orders tab. You can download your game by clicking on the game title. 2) if you know your license key, go to www.battlefront.com/store and click on "Download Area". Log in and then enter your key to download 3) if you have your download confirmation email, simply click on the link in your email. You may need to log in first, and can download immediately. Your Pre-Order includes both "Download" as well as "Mail Delivery". The physical goods for the game consisting of the print manual, DVD, and Steelbook case are going to start shipping within the next 7-14 days out of our main US location. International customers: due to increased customs processing times, delivery may take up to 4 weeks unfortunately. :-( This is entirely out of our control. Please also note the important information regarding international shipments, duties and import taxes in our Knowledgebase! If you have any questions, please refer to our Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. --- View an online version of this newsletter here: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_sm2emailmarketing&task=showarchivemessage&id=64&Itemid=32 --- Click Here to confirm that you wish to unsubscribe http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_sm2emailmarketing&task=unsubscribe&email=koen.combatmission@gmail.com&code=478daec0c3f8122107083eb71d52beae --- SECURITY NOTICE: Battlefront.com is NEVER going to email you with unsolicited files or attachments.

downloading...

just a hint: they tell me to go to the download area but not specific WHERE in the download area. we need to log in FIRST and then go to the 'customer downloads'
« Last Edit: 18 May 2011, 17:07:11 by Koen » Logged
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2011, 18:32:35 »
ReplyReply

just a hint: they tell me to go to the download area but not specific WHERE in the download area. we need to log in FIRST and then go to the 'customer downloads'

Yous hould tell them that yourself - I'm just doing textures, everything else is not my business. And I refuse to care about anything else as long as I'm not a paid worker. Grijns

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2011, 18:58:57 »
ReplyReply

downloaded and installed succesful
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2011, 19:11:05 »
ReplyReply

during set-up of game in full version it froze again  hdbng
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 May 2011, 19:38:46 »
ReplyReply

Yous hould tell them that yourself - I'm just doing textures, everything else is not my business. And I refuse to care about anything else as long as I'm not a paid worker. Grijns

I did
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2011, 19:53:37 »
ReplyReply

If it keeps on freezing/crashing, go post an official support ticket - there's something very wrong, but unless you give them your complete system details, they won't find out.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2011, 20:12:06 »
ReplyReply

If it keeps on freezing/crashing, go post an official support ticket - there's something very wrong, but unless you give them your complete system details, they won't find out.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=96895
Mad_Russian
Captain

United States

Co-founder of WaT

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 May 2011, 02:12:32 »
ReplyReply

So, did you try CMSF? I'm downloading it at the moment to see if I can run it as well.

Good Hunting.

MR
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 May 2011, 06:45:02 »
ReplyReply

Huh, looks like your graphics drivers are simply too old. Grijns Upgrade them to the latst ones and you should be fine.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 May 2011, 11:16:11 »
ReplyReply

Huh, looks like your graphics drivers are simply too old. Grijns Upgrade them to the latst ones and you should be fine.

yeah, I'll get to it this evening....  hatsoff
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 May 2011, 17:05:05 »
ReplyReply

downloaded/upgraded

testing........... man, DO I WANT TO GET STARTED IN THE EDITOR  hihi
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 May 2011, 18:03:42 »
ReplyReply

So, is the game running properly now?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 May 2011, 18:36:43 »
ReplyReply

So, is the game running properly now?

set-up is done, playing now, will report  salute
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 May 2011, 20:07:05 »
ReplyReply

60 mins playtime gone by without 1 single problem....

but now I wonder why I'm still playing beyond the 60 mins.... game undecided?

ok, game stopped 6 mins in overtime with a draw
« Last Edit: 19 May 2011, 20:36:44 by Koen » Logged
Mad_Russian
Captain

United States

Co-founder of WaT

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 May 2011, 04:52:19 »
ReplyReply

Thanks, got a clean download tonight. In this case the fourth time seemed to be the charm.

Good Hunting.

MR
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 May 2011, 07:01:58 »
ReplyReply

what does 'treshold' means?

am I correct to say that 'tiny' battles are impossible in CMBN?
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 07:21:55 by Koen » Logged
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 May 2011, 08:50:46 »
ReplyReply

Where?  I need a bit more information what you're looking at, there are dozens of different options.

Depends on what you mean by "tiny". Minimum map size can be a few hundred square meters only, so I'd classify that as tiny. And you can downsize every formation to only a squad or two, so where's the problem? I suggest everyone FIRST reads the manual completely - that's gonna answer a lot, if not all, of your questions. Tong

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 May 2011, 09:11:10 »
ReplyReply

Where?  I need a bit more information what you're looking at, there are dozens of different options.

Depends on what you mean by "tiny". Minimum map size can be a few hundred square meters only, so I'd classify that as tiny. And you can downsize every formation to only a squad or two, so where's the problem? I suggest everyone FIRST reads the manual completely - that's gonna answer a lot, if not all, of your questions. Tong

'treshold' in the editor choosing units
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 May 2011, 15:14:53 »
ReplyReply

Dl'd flawlessly yesterday, set-up without a hitch, first scenario under my belt. What a beautiful job they have done. I love the detail they have gone to. Tanks rolling on their suspension when they stop, exhaust smoke coming out of the back, and smoke drifting across the field in the breeze, awesome. Now where's Dr Frankenstein, Im ready to face his monsters.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44167590 | Sitemap