5 May 2024, 12:47:13 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: CMBN - Q&A  (Read 29747 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 May 2011, 17:05:50 »
ReplyReply

Dl'd flawlessly yesterday, set-up without a hitch, first scenario under my belt. What a beautiful job they have done. I love the detail they have gone to. Tanks rolling on their suspension when they stop, exhaust smoke coming out of the back, and smoke drifting across the field in the breeze, awesome. Now where's Dr Frankenstein, Im ready to face his monsters.

Dr Frankenstein isn't ready yet but I, junior Franky, am building my 1st: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/battle-for-normandy/cmbn-koen-1-scenario/msg20234/#msg20234
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 May 2011, 00:03:37 »
ReplyReply

'treshold' in the editor choosing units

Um... Still go no idea what you mean, sorry. Onbeslist Could you do a screenshot or explain exactly what option you're looking at?

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 May 2011, 08:27:43 »
ReplyReply

'treshold' in the editor choosing units

Um... Still go no idea what you mean, sorry. Onbeslist Could you do a screenshot or explain exactly what option you're looking at?

*mission
**parameters (allied/axis)

I think you got 100% which, as editor, you can divide into several %'s , for example 60/20/20

Quote from: Koen on Yesterday at 08:01:58
am I correct to say that 'tiny' battles are impossible in CMBN?
Depends on what you mean by "tiny". Minimum map size can be a few hundred square meters only, so I'd classify that as tiny. And you can downsize every formation to only a squad or two, so where's the problem? I suggest everyone FIRST reads the manual completely - that's gonna answer a lot, if not all, of your questions.

it did, you can indeed get tiny battles:
as example: first you need to buy a batallion, then expand the list of forces in that batallion and then delete the one you don't want to play with
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 12:01:41 by Koen » Logged
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 May 2011, 12:13:11 »
ReplyReply

*mission

I think you got 100% which, as editor, you can divide into several %'s , for example 60/20/20

Yes, that's what it means. You got 100% correct. Grijns

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22 May 2011, 12:35:57 »
ReplyReply

*mission

Yes, that's what it means. You got 100% correct. Grijns

smallclap but now, what does it exactly means? treshold % in the game?

if I understand correctly and to keep it simple: when you choose 50% enemy casualties you get points for causing enemy casualties?

but what remains confusing for me is how the list and the %'s work as a whole
Code:
Enemy casualties
Enemy conditions
Enemy ammo

Friendly casualties
Friendly conditions
Friendly ammo

Friendly bonus
« Last Edit: 22 May 2011, 12:46:26 by Koen » Logged
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 22 May 2011, 13:06:43 »
ReplyReply

if I understand correctly and to keep it simple: when you choose 50% enemy casualties you get points for causing enemy casualties?

Yes and no - if you set, say 50% enemy casualties, you will receive points AND have reached one of your victory conditions. If you set it to 0% it won't count and doesn't matter how many enemies you kill.

Well, it's COMPLETELY different from CMX1. Here it comes: For every parameter you have 100% you can assign. The values don't need to be even or have to add up to 100%, you can just choose whatever you think would fit best and thus define victory conditions for each side.

Example: The Germans may win if the suffer only 25% friendly casualties while preserving at least 25% of their ammunition AND killing at least 75% of all enemies. The Americans will win if they kill 100% of all enemies while sustaining less 50% friendly casualties. The parameters I haven't included would be set to 0% and not count towards victory points.

Clear now?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22 May 2011, 14:08:51 »
ReplyReply

Yes and no - if you set, say 50% enemy casualties, you will receive points AND have reached one of your victory conditions. If you set it to 0% it won't count and doesn't matter how many enemies you kill.

Well, it's COMPLETELY different from CMX1. Here it comes: For every parameter you have 100% you can assign. The values don't need to be even or have to add up to 100%, you can just choose whatever you think would fit best and thus define victory conditions for each side.

Example: The Germans may win if the suffer only 25% friendly casualties while preserving at least 25% of their ammunition AND killing at least 75% of all enemies. The Americans will win if they kill 100% of all enemies while sustaining less 50% friendly casualties. The parameters I haven't included would be set to 0% and not count towards victory points.

Clear now?

so:
it works NEXT to the 'objectives' as and additional aspect?
you do not NEED to use them?

for example:

example 1: you set as objective 'all enemy tanks' and as treashold 'enemy casualties' at 50%: this leads to a battle where the players only needs to 'kill and destroy' tanks and casualties? how does the counting goes? 50% for tanks and 50% for casualties?
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22 May 2011, 14:33:10 »
ReplyReply

Correct - these parameters five additional points but alone shouldn't be enough to win you the battle. Got no idea what counts more, though, never built a single scenario in my life and don't know that much about the editor, sorry.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 May 2011, 17:39:12 »
ReplyReply

Correct - these parameters five additional points but alone shouldn't be enough to win you the battle. Got no idea what counts more, though, never built a single scenario in my life and don't know that much about the editor, sorry.

10/4  salute4
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 May 2011, 18:44:43 »
ReplyReply

another question:

in CM1 you knew in what kind of terrain your guys were or were sent to.... I don't see anything like this in CMBN, correct?
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 May 2011, 19:08:19 »
ReplyReply

No, you have to judge that yourself. Thre isn't such abstraction anymore because everything is more detailed and becasue a squad can be in different terrain types at the same time because of the "action spot" system. But it isn't that hard to tell what kind of terrain your guys are occupying... Grijns

Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44697763 | Sitemap