29 March 2024, 05:52:08 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: CMBN: PBEM  (Read 19156 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 26 May 2011, 17:28:26 »
ReplyReply

FacMan invited me for the first PBEM fight:

we'll comment in this topic on specific matters concerning PBEM games

hmmmm... I do find the file, I open it....the game asks me for a password, write one and enter... then I get the name for the next file, hit 'ok' and then I'm thrown back to the menu....

can't get it to work....  cry
« Last Edit: 26 May 2011, 18:32:52 by Koen » Logged
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2011, 20:41:17 »
ReplyReply

No, that's correct. Grijns The first two fiels are only for setting the password and exchanging basic data - file 3 will be your first actual turn.

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2011, 09:00:05 »
ReplyReply

No, that's correct. Grijns The first two fiels are only for setting the password and exchanging basic data - file 3 will be your first actual turn.

ah...ok  hihi
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2011, 12:22:59 »
ReplyReply

I knew there was a good reason to test it...

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2011, 14:40:49 »
ReplyReply

It IS a bit confusing at first (just like my new car!), but once you have done it a couple of times, you get used to it.

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2011, 17:13:58 »
ReplyReply

Jody, did you perform any action on the map yet?
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2011, 18:38:46 »
ReplyReply

Just finished. OTW

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2011, 18:56:08 »
ReplyReply

Just finished. OTW

what I meant is did you perform action before you sent me your 1st file? just curious
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2011, 19:18:52 »
ReplyReply

well, placed my units and sent it to Jody
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2011, 20:02:48 »
ReplyReply

As did I. No idea where he is and there's very little cover where I am, so moving out asap.

Koen sez: "what I meant is did you perform action before you sent me your 1st file? just curious"...Not with my first file, only made pword there.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2011, 20:06:10 »
ReplyReply

I can't order my troop so I suppose I can only press the 'play' button... dunno for how long or such....  Onbeslist

pressed the red button and the game went from 30min to 29min in a flash.... got '?' from my enemy and ordering troops is now possible

gave orders and pressed red button again.... calculating the phase and now sending by email

files are quite big  Rollende ogen
« Last Edit: 27 May 2011, 20:11:29 by Koen » Logged
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2011, 20:38:15 »
ReplyReply

Yes, file can become pretty big depending on number of units and action during turn... A little program called "Dropbox" can help alleviate any troubles you might have sending those files via e-mail. Try it - I did and it makes life so much easier! Grijns

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2011, 15:09:39 »
ReplyReply

Hey EG!
How does one get the DL'd turns from your opponent in a PBEM game into the correct folder/file? As of now, I must go to my DL folder and move the file to the correct location, then trash the old copy in the DL folder.

Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2011, 18:00:18 »
ReplyReply

Actually, you don't have to do anything apart from moving the file you get into the "Incoming" folder and send the file you save from the "Outgoing " folder. Now here comes the trick: you don't need to rename anything (why would you want to, anyway?) but just hiot "Save" and you're good to go.

It is true, though, that you have to manually move the file you get sent into the "Incoming" folder, yes. No way of having that happen automatically, sorry.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2011, 18:03:15 »
ReplyReply

OK, you answered my question. I haven't renamed anything, just looking for a shortcut to save a few steps. Thanks EG!

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2011, 19:12:20 »
ReplyReply

Actually, you don't have to do anything apart from moving the file you get into the "Incoming" folder and send the file you save from the "Outgoing " folder. Now here comes the trick: you don't need to rename anything (why would you want to, anyway?) but just hiot "Save" and you're good to go.

It is true, though, that you have to manually move the file you get sent into the "Incoming" folder, yes. No way of having that happen automatically, sorry.

after a couple of times FF (I presume it's FF that does it) the 'incoming' folder opens automatically and I just have to push 'save'
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2011, 20:33:43 »
ReplyReply

strange, when I download the file in IE CMBN tells me it's corrupt, when I download it in FF it seems to be fine..

IE placed 2x '_' in the file's name
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2011, 20:40:53 »
ReplyReply

Im using FF4 and windows 7, how do I get the files to DL where I want them instead of to the DL folder?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2011, 20:49:01 »
ReplyReply

Im using FF4 and windows 7, how do I get the files to DL where I want them instead of to the DL folder?

you should put them in the 'game files'-'incoming emails' folder

where does your FF wants to store it? mine remembers where and guides me to it
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2011, 21:04:59 »
ReplyReply

All my DLs go to a Downloads folder, then I must manually move them to the inbound (CMBN) folder. FF hasnt learned on my computer.

Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166136 | Sitemap