16 December 2019, 13:41:30 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: CMBN Mods  (Read 12619 times)
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« on: 19 May 2011, 18:13:04 »
ReplyReply

Since Mad Russian already hinted at the availability of PCO mos, I thought it fitting to do the same with CMBN mods (of which there are a couple already, too). I'll also highlight some of my favorite ones and those that I think are very useful. So, we can grab CMBN mods from two locations currently:

- BFC Repository
- CMM Mods Warehouse

Currently the Repository has more mods, but I expect the Mods Warehouse to catch up soon.

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2011, 18:18:30 »
ReplyReply

And here's my first highlight: Marco Bergman's Vehicle and Weapon Silouhettes:

Available at both locations, it modifies the UI to give us more of the old CMx1 feeling. there are a huge variety of different options:

I had the honor of being the first tester of said mod and provided a little input and feedback for it, so it makes me extra proud how it turned out.

Stay tuned, more to come!

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2011, 18:40:54 »
ReplyReply

can you tell us, step-by-step, what's available and how to download/install?

also, plz make sure that all is 100% waterproof!
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2011, 19:48:35 »
ReplyReply

This one is 150% "waterproof" - I'v been ujsing it for MONTHS now and it works.

Every option in the mod is depicted in the pictures including the EXACT names - you just choose the one variant of your liking and put it into the "Z" folder inside the "Data" folder of oyur game. Of course you can mix and match to your heart's content.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2011, 20:00:22 »
ReplyReply

This one is 150% "waterproof" - I'v been ujsing it for MONTHS now and it works.

Every option in the mod is depicted in the pictures including the EXACT names - you just choose the one variant of your liking and put it into the "Z" folder inside the "Data" folder of oyur game. Of course you can mix and match to your heart's content.

seems you need to register

don't see a 'Z' folder
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2011, 22:42:33 »
ReplyReply

Yes, you need to register on BFC's main site to access the Repository. Is easy and no problem, though.

The "Z" folder will have to be created by yourself. After you've done that, just move every file (usually a BRZ) into that folder and start the game. That's all there is to it. Grijns

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2011, 17:58:47 »
ReplyReply

Yes, you need to register on BFC's main site to access the Repository. Is easy and no problem, though.

The "Z" folder will have to be created by yourself. After you've done that, just move every file (usually a BRZ) into that folder and start the game. That's all there is to it. Grijns

so, comparing to CM1, there are no files 'replaced'?
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2011, 19:12:46 »
ReplyReply

Not directly, no - the files in the "Z" folder simply override the ones already in the game. If you want to delte a mod, just delete the respective files from the "Z" folder and everything will revert to the stock data. A far superior system if you ask me.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2011, 19:22:26 »
ReplyReply

Not directly, no - the files in the "Z" folder simply override the ones already in the game. If you want to delte a mod, just delete the respective files from the "Z" folder and everything will revert to the stock data. A far superior system if you ask me.

indeed, quite smart!
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2011, 11:20:54 »
ReplyReply

And here's my first highlight: Marco Bergman's Vehicle and Weapon Silouhettes:

<Quoted Image Removed>

Available at both locations, it modifies the UI to give us more of the old CMx1 feeling. there are a huge variety of different options:

<Quoted Image Removed>
<Quoted Image Removed>

I had the honor of being the first tester of said mod and provided a little input and feedback for it, so it makes me extra proud how it turned out.

Stay tuned, more to come!

ok, I downloaded this one into the 'Z' folder I created in the (already existing) 'Data' folder
unpacked the file and I now have different files
I suppose I need to make a choice now depending on what I like the most based on the screenshots?
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2011, 11:56:52 »
ReplyReply

Correct, you need to choose those that you like best, depending on the different styles as shown in the screenshots.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2011, 12:44:53 »
ReplyReply

made a z folder, dl'd the files, unzipped them in the z folder...nothing changed in game...

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2011, 13:14:33 »
ReplyReply

made a z folder, dl'd the files, unzipped them in the z folder...nothing changed in game...

which one(s) did you install Jody?

@Florian: I'v chosen and unpacked CM1styleblack and now have 2 further rar-files: 1 'cal' & 1 'range'
I suppose 'caliber' and 'weapons range'... do I need to unpack both or choose 1?
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2011, 13:25:28 »
ReplyReply

@Florian: I'v chosen and unpacked CM1styleblack and now have 2 further rar-files: 1 'cal' & 1 'range'
I suppose 'caliber' and 'weapons range'... do I need to unpack both or choose 1?

One is with weapon rage displayed only ("Range"), the other is with weapon range and calibre ("Cal"). Choose only one.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2011, 16:30:44 »
ReplyReply

Koen sez:
which one(s) did you install Jody?

Almost all of them.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2011, 16:38:33 »
ReplyReply

One is with weapon rage displayed only ("Range"), the other is with weapon range and calibre ("Cal"). Choose only one.

10/4  salute4
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2011, 16:50:54 »
ReplyReply

Almost all of them.

Then either stuff is doubled (possible) or you just haven't realized what has changed in comaprison to the stock stuuf (very likely). Grijns

Admitted, the currently existing mods ONLY make a difference if one has taken a good look at an unmodded game. Otherwise you won't notice the difference at all.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2011, 17:27:10 »
ReplyReply

never mind, I found them...and you are correct EG, they are very subtle, which is why I missed them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 27282507 | Sitemap