We moved the forum this weekend OCT 24, 2010 from the Belgian host vibit.eu to a Spanish host, Hostsuar.com
This had various reasons:
1. vibit.eu showed to be fairly expensive for what they offered (actually nothing except space and bandwith)
2. Whenever I had problems on the localhost base of the forum (their stats, e.g., did not work and I was kept in the dark), by vibit I never got a reply, and I find their support is very hard to contact for starters. Another good example is that, when we sent them an email preparing the migration on Saturday and requesting some information about the DNS entry, they finally replied today (Monday!) stating that "as all companies we are closed over the weekend"... from my POV an absolute no-no for a host
3. I have over the last two years made excellent experience with the people from Hostsuar.com
with other forums and blogs, their technical support is available 24/7/365, and how they handled the migration process showed again that the choice to migrate to them was the right idea: They helped me up and down in various replies to my sometimes I am sure rather dumb questions and in the end even did the transfer directly from host to host on their fast optical access to save me the time to dl/ul the files all by myself. Perfect job by Hostsuars tech supporters Alejandro and Carlos
, can only again express how greatful I am
4. The server we are located on now is way faster than the old one, I am sure you have realized already. It is called bird, and it is located in a datacenter in London, for those interested in such stuff. Should it ever go downline, all mebers can get update on what is happening, or why we are down, here: http://status.hostsuar24h.com/
Enter our domain and you will get information about incidents on the server side (none currently).
5. We have now the qudruple disk space (4GB, which we need) and 10x the bandwith as before (40Gb monthly now, which we dont need yet), we were rapidly running out of diskspace on vibit.
This just as explanation why we had the forum closed "for maintenance" over the sunday.