29 March 2024, 05:40:54 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: TechAdmin back on the job: News  (Read 8851 times)
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« on: 24 October 2013, 15:54:26 »
ReplyReply

Okies, after some time of prolonged absence I am back in the seat (more or less, will take some time to get to 100%, but at least I will check in every day again), here what is on my plate, let me know if you need anything else done.

Known Problems

- Regular members could not see whether their PMs sent to other persons were read by them (FIXED)

- Registration Puzzles (that should keep away spammers) unwantedly keep away everybody, as they are not audible and dont allow input. This is a bugger, did not find a quick fix today, will attack it next week (I have to delve into the change log archives to uninstall the stuff). In the meantime, if you need to register and cannot then please send an email to rattler (at) ohlmer (dot) es, I will then proceed to register you manually.

- Summertime ends on Sunday 0200J and rquires reset of our mil clock. I will adress it early Sunday morning.

- Forum software is way outdated version wise and has security holes, I will address this (and try to update to latest version) not earlier than end of next week.

- Forum software is completely obsolete (and not supported anymore): We need to rebuild the forum from scratch on the newer 2.x platform of SMF, this will lead to big changes both for the positive as for the negative. This is a major project and will be started parrallel to this forum to facilitate a later switch. Layout and functionality will change sometimes dramatically, content will be preserved.

Thats it for now,

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2013, 16:52:19 »
ReplyReply

Reply to self, more things eem to be broken (its about time we set up the new software):

- Some people cannot upload Avatars (like Rattler, e.g). Anybody got the same problem so I get more data to investigate the cause (my own avatar here works just fine)

- Sitemap does not produce an XML file anymore, no update for Google at the moment, I am afraid. Still clueless what causes it, but investigating.

And so it goes on...

TA

TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2013, 17:44:12 »
ReplyReply

- Some people cannot upload Avatars (like Rattler, e.g). Anybody got the same problem so I get more data to investigate the cause (my own avatar here works just fine)

FIXED

The Avatars settings had changed, now everybody should be able to use Avatars (not more than 120 px width !! ) again.

TA

TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2013, 23:18:06 »
ReplyReply

And more things seem to have stopped working: Anybody notes the headers are not rotating anymore? Or is it just on my machine (I keep seeing the Hind).

Feedback welcome,

TA

S-1
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2013, 09:11:55 »
ReplyReply

Mine do rotate.Maybe its your machine?
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2013, 10:23:55 »
ReplyReply

Thx for the heads up!
Thx for the good work!!

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2013, 13:24:16 »
ReplyReply

Must be a machine thing, they do not rotate on my Mac but on the PC of the missus they do.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166021 | Sitemap